Home » It’s a BOY! And I WEEP

It’s a BOY! And I WEEP

For those of you not on the colossally entertaining time-suck that is Twitter:  IT’S A BOY!!!!

This is not why I’m weeping. . .exactly. . .WE ARE THRILLED!

Now we won’t have to contend with a massive amount of girl-gear on top of all of Mac’s goodies.  That’s got to be a space saver.  At least initially, until we’re stuck buying two of every stupid thing because they will both want to do the same thing at the same time. . .

Also on the upside, at least for a little while, we can encourage force them to participate in the same extracurricular activities.  So maybe our weekends will only be consumed with one or two painfully boring sporting events or band concerts without also heaping on brutal ballet recitals and similar more girly things. . .Maybe?. . .I can hope, can’t I?

Meanwhile, I’m pretty sure I experienced the worst weekend EVER.

I CANNOT STOP CRYING.  (And trust me, I’m NOT a crier.)

It’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever done.  I cried because my head hurt for two days straight. . .which I’m sure made my head hurt even worse.  I cried because Mac brought me a buttercup from his walk with his Dad.  I cried because Chris told me it was stupid to spend $1.99 on a little air plant at the hardware store.  I cried because there was mud all though the house and I had to vacuum again.

I cried at least three times because I WAS crying.

This can’t continue.  It does nothing for my already haggard appearance.  Plus, I’m already miserably congested, thanks to the pregnancy and crying is NOT making it any better.

I don’t think I’ve ever been depressed in a clinically diagnosable way, but a couple of times this past weekend I wondered if perhaps I was heading down that road?  Which, of course made me cry even more!

It’s just the stupid pregnancy right?

It is truly cruel that you cannot drink while knocked up.  I’ll just bet a few decent swigs of a nice crisp white sangria would dramatically improve my attitude. . .and my congestion. . .and my aching back. . .

Anyway, I finally do feel better and I’m hoping to get some things done around here before I turn into an emotional basket case again, so I’ll be back soon with something mildly amusing.

Here’s to hoping this is a GREAT week, for ALL of us!

What gives?  I'm the only one around here supposed to be acting like a two-year-old.  Mommy better get her act together.  Ain't nobody got time for her moods!

What gives? I’m the only one around here supposed to be acting like a two-year-old. Momster better get her act together. Ain’t nobody got time for her mood swings!

10 Responses to “It’s a BOY! And I WEEP”

1. Congratulations! I’ve got two boys and it’s brilliant. They’re totally different from each other but get on really well (which means I don’t have to do a whole lot of entertaining any more!) However, I’m weeping a little that your sister’s totally bizarre method of gender testing was right!!
    Daisy Broomfield recently posted…That’s all folks!My Profile

Thanks you! I’m hoping my guys will get along pretty well too. And yes, I’m crying a little too about the gender prediction test. This has just given my Sister all sorts of confidence in her “skills” and I fear no pregnant woman will be “safe” in her presence. Ha!

2. Two boys is the best! Says this mom of two boys.

The crying sucks. I’m sorry.
    Anita @ Losing Austin recently posted…In the StormMy Profile

I’m definitely excited! And I didn’t cry once yesterday. Hopefully it’s passed for a while. I’m not used to feeling that way. I’m typically pretty even-keeled. 🙂

3. sarcasmica says:

the constant congestion is no fun, i’m so sorry!
    Watch out for the headaches, though. I found out after a two day headache i had preeclampsia with my first pregnancy. It can be a sign of high blood pressure if it doesn’t go away with medicine or sleep.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for pointing this out. I was on high alert for preeclampsia symptoms with my first pregnancy – and it was a concern because no one can ever get a good blood pressure reading for me because I’m terrified of the Doctor. (I’m a little insane in that regard ha). But this pregnancy, it never once crossed my mind. I was trying to avoid medications so Sunday afternoon I finally checked out for about 2 hours – forced myself to do a guided meditation and then took a nap. I felt much better after that. Then we took a walk and by yesterday morning I was good as new. However, I’m glad you reminded me to be aware of the symptoms. Preeclampsia, as you well know, is a serious condition. THANK YOU! 🙂

4. Congratulations! (And cry all you want to. It’ slike a free pass during pregnancy ain’t it?)
    nothingbythebook recently posted…“Please don’t give my daughter an eating disorder. But you will. You will…”My Profile

Thanks! You’re right. I’m probably not taking enough advantage of this situation. I mean, I’m probably NOT going to be pregnant again. . .I should be eating more, sleeping more AND crying more. Ha!

congratulations! Any names yet? 🙂
    Meghan recently posted…Showers & ShowersMy Profile

Thank you! I’m not sure about names. I’d like to work in George since that was one of my Grandfathers’ names. And I heard a woman calling a kid Ellis at the park the other day, which I thought was kinda’ different. I’ve been weighing Theodore for a while now – but only so I can call him Teddy because I think it’s adorable. . .Well, at least when he’s little it’s cute. He’ll probably hate it when he’s 15. . .If it goes the same way it went with Mac, we’ll have a list of maybe 6 names we both agree on that we will combine somehow right after he’s born.