Home » Because I Need To Get Something, ANYTHING Finished

Because I Need To Get Something, ANYTHING Finished

Oh mah word!  This place.  Our house is starting to look like an episode of Hoarders.  And it’s not because we have a ton of stuff.  It’s because I can’t seem to find the time to get said stuff organized and put in its designated places.

Of course, I thought I had all this time to get my act together before the new kid pops out. . .but I realized about two days ago, my window is a lot smaller than I thought, by early September, I’m going to be a swollen, miserable, huge pregnant lady with a TODDLER.  So I need to GET ON IT.

Of course said Toddler isn’t helping matters any.  Two days ago, he figured out how to use the child-proof latches on all the kitchen cabinets.   This totally sucks.  I haven’t even begun to think up a work-around for this disappointing development.  Currently, if you want a slice of bread, you need to go to the basement and get it out of the laundry basket. . .because that’s where I threw all our food last evening after he ripped it out of the cabinets about seven times.

Yes, those are his socks.  He said he was making sock soup.  Which sounds like suck soup and cracks me up!

Yes, those are his socks. He said he was making sock soup. Which sounds like suck soup and cracks me up!

Anyway, I have a lofty list of things I want to accomplish this morning before Mac gets awake:  Mother’s Day photos printed, sew a dog bed cover, send a belated birthday card, write a thank you to our neighbor who gave us a slew of children’s books a month ago and whom I’ve been dodging ever since because I’ve been too scattered to write a proper thank you. . .

The list is never-ending. . .Every day here is like triage. . .

While I’m doing all that nonsense, why don’t you check out a few things I enjoyed when I was supposed to be folding the laundry and plucking my chin hair?

1.  Hands down the funniest thing I’ve read in days is the work of Dani over at Cloudy With a Chance of Wine.  Check out why she will forever be living in the shadow of her mother in law.

2.  Lori at The Next Step weighs in on why she thinks it’s a really sucky idea to take her 3 children 5 and under to the beach for a family vacation.  (I can totally relate).

3.  In case you needed any excuse to have a cocktail, Shay at Trashy Blog gives you a list of things that are more fun to do while drinking.  Of course it’s peppered with stories of her hilarious escapades. . .

4.  Susan at Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva shares her secrets on How To Be A Toddler In 10 Easy Steps.  She somehow worked a Honey Badger reference into that post (genius).

5.  If you’ve never seen HONEY BADGER, GET ON IT NOW!  It’s an oldie but a goodie. . .3 minutes and 21 seconds of pure entertainment.

I think someone sculpted a tribute to the Honey Badger out of driftwood at North Point State Park!  Honey Badger don't care. . .

I think someone sculpted a tribute to the Honey Badger out of driftwood at North Point State Park! Honey Badger don’t care. . .

Ok.  Hopefully that keeps ya’ll amused while I scoop the cat boxes and do battle with my sewing machine.  Enjoy!

XOXO

12 Responses to “Because I Need To Get Something, ANYTHING Finished”

Oh my word! Thank you so much for the shout out! You’re the best!!! I’m so glad that post made you laugh. 🙂

And I love that pic of Mac making sock soup. Too cute!!!!

Good luck with your to-do list. I’m so relieved I am behind on my thank you cards. It’s embarrassing!!!
    Dani Ryan recently posted…50 things I loved about summer as a kidMy Profile

Any time! That post was priceless.

I had what I considered an even better photo of Mac making sock soup sans diaper but I don’t think posting his rear-end (as adorbs as it is) is a great idea. . .especially after some of those search terms I see on my stats. People are STRANGE!

Hope you have a great day! Mac’s awake and I wasted most of my morning reading blogs. Ha. At least I got the thank you card done. Hopefully the neighbor won’t be gossiping about me. She’s hilarious. Always goes out of her way to tell me she never gossips before TOTALLY GOSSIPING.

Good luck, lady! The spring weather has put me in the mood to get on the zillion renovation projects at our house. So i’ll be busy busy with projects too! Speaking of which – I have curtains for the living room (which has had a naked curtain rod for 6 months) that need hemming… so I’ll be fighting with the sewing machine too… 🙂
    Meghan recently posted…42K x 30: Month 6 UpdateMy Profile

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!! Mac’s awake and I STILL haven’t gotten to the sewing machine. . .Maybe nap time. Oh well, it’s not a priority. Just something I hoped to knock out quick. Well, that and the dog bed with its brown cover is an eyesore and making me nuts. Ha!

At least I got the note done for the neighbor. Now I won’t have to sneak out the door every day. It’s the little things right? 🙂

Hope all is well. Just noticed a new post from you in my email. Can’t wait to catch up!

3. running mama says:

I can totally relate. Toddlers are great but that photo was exhausting just to look at. We had to put up one of those extra long baby gates. I recommend one before baby arrives…

Thanks for the comment! We have big-a$$ baby gate. It’s wonderful. But our whole house is open and so small, there’s no way I can keep him out of the kitchen. I’m considering putting all his toys in the cabinets and all our food in his toy baskets. . .He NEVER looks at his toy baskets. Ha. And I’m now beginning to understand why my own mother’s kitchen cabinets were tied together with baker’s twine for all those years. . .Someday I’ll miss this. Right? RIGHT?! 🙂

4. Thanks for the shout….and I totally feel for you with those (used to be) childproof cabinet locks! When my oldest was two, and I had just had my 2nd, he figured out how to open the front door! We had to install a deadbolt lock that could only be opened with key and I still used to keep my house alarm on even when we were home because then he figured out the back slider. Clever little buggers 🙂
    Susan@The Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva recently posted…Oh, I’m not awkward, I’m just a MomMy Profile

Anytime. It was a very cute post. Seems like something Scary Mommy might like. 🙂

I’ve been lying in bed at night thinking about our doors. He’s able to get to reach the knobs and I can tell he’s plotting a break for it. And years ago before kids, I insisted I wanted our door knobs in the house to be “egg” shaped. Now I wonder if one of those child proof door knob covers would even fit on an egg shaped knob? And out deadbolts operate with knobs on the inside. I should probably just cut my losses and install bars on all the doors and windows. . .it will come in handy when he’s a teenager trying to sneak out anyway. Ha!

5. Magnet locks are the best thing ever! But how cute a terror he is 🙂
    Anita @ Losing Austin recently posted…Salty and Caustic- That’s Me!My Profile

So funny you mention them. When we were expecting we had some friends that very generously gave us a TON of great baby gear. Included with that gear was a bunch of brand new childproofing gadgets. We had our choice of cabinet locks. Magnetic or the kind with the little bar you push down. We opted for the bars because I figured I’d NEVER be able to find that magnet when I needed it. . .I’m thinking at this point I’m willing to chance it. Ha!

6. Shay says:

Oh my gosh, I came over here to read about what you were up to (LOVE that pic, by the way, and sock soup is freaking adorable!) and saw my shout-out. YOU, my friend, are the BEST!! Thank you!
    Shay recently posted…More Fun When DrinkingMy Profile