Home » What’s Even BIGGER Than a New Blog? A BABY OF COURSE!!!!

What’s Even BIGGER Than a New Blog? A BABY OF COURSE!!!!

It’s not without reservation that I’m writing this post. . .because it’s VERY early. Like, I’m pretty sure the pee still hasn’t dried on the positive pregnancy test(s) yet. BUT Reluctant Mother has decided to go and get her stupid self knocked up (again) and I’ve decided I’ll share it ALL with you! (Aren’t you lucky?)

TO BE CLEAR: RELUCTANT MOTHER (STUPIDLY) WILLINGLY AGREED TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN and after nearly ten brutal months of (ugh) “trying”, it happened.  I’M PREGNANT!!!!

Yes.  This is exciting news!

I’m sure my liver finds this more exciting than even the grandparents.  Do you know how much booze is needed to “try” getting pregnant for nearly year?  Let’s just say my husband was eyeing our monthly budget with increasing alarm and no doubt had the producers of Intervention on speed dial.

But that’s all behind us now.  My liver can detox.  Which shouldn’t be too difficult seeing as how I’ve been ill for the past three weeks.

In fact, before I started putting all the pieces together, I was convinced I was dying. . .likely due to some sort of digestive tract cancer.  How else would one explain the nausea, heart burn, and exhaustion?

Well, it’s a crazed growth of cells alright:  A little SPROUT the Second.

My pregnancies are high risk.  And when I was expecting Mac, we were able to keep it quiet until almost half way through the pregnancy.  Of course, this time I didn’t think I’d be able to hide it that long.  And well, let’s be honest, if I’m not drinking and doing stupid stuff, what else am I going to write about here for nine long months?  So that was the perhaps poor logic that lead to my decision to announce this pregnancy way early.

I haven’t even called my doctor yet.  In fact, I’m going to have to Google her.  So convinced was I I’d never see her again, I threw out all her contact information along with the post-pregnancy mesh underwear the hospital so graciously provides you with as a parting gift for giving birth.  (Delusional thinking, as usual, but man, did it FEEL wonderful at the time).

I have more to say but I have to hurry up and alternately eat plain rice cakes, vomit, and clean before Mac gets awake.  I’ll be back soon!

PS – If you are a close friend or relation and are for the first time hearing our exciting news here, PLEASE don’t be offended!  You know we have nearly zero chances to speak on the phone anymore thanks to Mac’s antics.  I even TEXTED the news to my own Mother.  She wasn’t offended, so please don’t you be either.  I know you understand.  XO

Will the next one be as sweet as our Little Huggy Bear?  Trust us, we're terrified it will NOT be!

Will the next one be as sweet as our Little Huggy Bear? Trust us, we’re terrified it will NOT be!

16 Responses to “What’s Even BIGGER Than a New Blog? A BABY OF COURSE!!!!”

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! This totally made my morning! Did you hear me scream when I read the title of your blog post???

It took us 9 months to get pregnant with our daughter, and I was high risk too. For different reasons than you (how is it we know each other’s histories so well?), but what I learned is that the chances of something going wrong is so low, it’s not worth it to spend the entire 9+ months worrying constantly about it. So go and enjoy it!!!!

I can’t wait to hear all about it and see if you convince me to do it again. Bahahahahaha!

Happy barfing!

(and remember: the nausea is a sign things are GOOD, so take some comfort it in as you pray to the porcelain god).

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Dani Ryan recently posted…10 Reasons it Sucks to Have a Social Life When You’re a MomMy Profile

Awe. Thank you so, so much. I HATE being pregnant. . .(I’m sure you are well aware). So, I’m probably not going to convince you to make more babies with my insane over-sharing. Ha!

I think it took us nearly 7 months with Mac. Then and this time, I had basically given up. Funny how that works? Ha.

2. LOL I love that you shared! I could never EVER keep that news to myself and pretty much told everyone once the stick gave me confirmation.

Silver lining to high risk: you get more sonograms and get all these great pictures! I have one of the twins where one is elbowing the other in the face. it’s hilarious and several people asked me if it was photoshopped. 🙂

Keep us in the loop – we’ll be sending good vibes your way!
    The Next Step recently posted…D is for DifferentMy Profile

Thank you so much! We have hilarious sonograms of Mac too – we had at least one a week from week 15 on. . .There’s one where he looks like “The Scream.” Thank you for the well wishes and good vibes. I HATE being pregnant so I totally appreciate the support.

3. Arwen says:

Hey congrats! You are soooooo much braver than me. I had one, lost any desire to have another (lovely as my first born is) and have vowed he will be an only child. I love looking at pictures of other people’s babies though so will be happily following your journey while being glad it isn’t me with the swollen ankles and heartburn.
    Arwen recently posted…Proud Mommy Moments (and an Impromptu Date Night)My Profile

Thank you! I completely understand your loss of desire to have more. I HATE being pregnant. Hate it possibly more than anything EVER! But my Husband and I are both from big families and we wanted to do our best to give Mac at least one sibling if possible. We’ll see. Thank you for following along! 🙂

4. Julie DeNeen says:

WOOOHOOO!! Congratulations!!!!!
    Julie DeNeen recently posted…What Motivates You to Write?My Profile

5. Mary Ann says:

Congrats!!!!!!

6. Con-con-congratulations!
    nothingbythebook recently posted…unLessons from the PosseMy Profile

7. What fun, congratulations! And by fun I mean painful and annoying and vomity all combined with the excitement and love. I also did not enjoy being pregnant, something about vomiting and exhaustion and constant worry if everything would be okay- I eventually learned that doesn’t stop once they’re born, but at least you can see them and feel reassured.

But that’s why my two are 6.5 years apart and will be the only two.

Can’t wait to follow along the journey!

~Anita
    Anita @ Losing Austin recently posted…Cracked EggsMy Profile

Thank you so much! I completely understand your perspective. I’m pretty sure two biological children are plenty for us – given our age and my disgust for the entire miraculous process. They’re worth it though! 🙂 Thank you for commenting and following along!

8. Amanda says:

I have been living under a rock (aka: life with a newborn) and missed this. CONGRATS!!!!!
    Amanda recently posted…Checking In!My Profile

Thank you! I’m hoping this one doesn’t give us a run for our money. I joke a lot about Mac, but he was a great baby and a pretty sweet toddle. We’re SCARED. So VERY SCARED! 🙂

Just read your post from today. I’m so glad things are going well and everyone is happy and healthy!