Home » Because I’m Feeling Uncharacteristically Quiet Today. . .

Because I’m Feeling Uncharacteristically Quiet Today. . .

But completely characteristically LAZY. . .

Congrats to Sister and Brother In Law!  Their first child, a son, Michael was born last night just before 7PM.  He’s a long and skinny little guy.  And yes, she pushed considerably less than me. . .exactly 2 and a half hours less!  Not that I’m bitter. . .at all. . .

Meanwhile, I’m tired and blah and not really feeling like drafting a post. . .My nose is bleeding.  And this Kleenex wedged in my nostril not only makes eating the 1/2 block of extra sharp I eat every afternoon at this time difficult, but also makes typing a bitch.

This is unfortunate because last night provided some excellent material. . .but I’ll get around to it eventually (because I know you are all wringing your hands in worry about missing out on the insanity.)

Meanwhile, here’s some randomness. . .

WORDS MY KID SAYS THAT SOUND LIKE “FUCK”:  fork, fox, fruit (well, “fruit” actually sounds like fucked and it’s a bit of a problem at the grocery).

Funniest Blog Post I’ve Read All Day:  Lying to Your Kids About Sex Toys by Life According to Julie

Number of slices of bread I fed the birds today because I was too lazy to go out in the cold and fill the feeder:  8.  Number of slices of bread my husband things I fed the birds EVER:  0.

Time kid requested to take a nap today:  1:50.  Time he’s actually spent sleeping. . .so far, none.

Mac got a new big boy booster seat and is very pleased with himself

DSC_0137

Tonight?  Left overs and we’re unleashing a 20 month old on the Walters Art Museum.  Good times. . .

Seriously, don’t worry your pretty little heads.  I don’t plan on making these fluff posts a habit. . .(Lawd how I detest when blog content gets too “listy.”)  I’ll throw you a couple good meaty bones in the next couple days.  Swear!

No Responses to “Because I’m Feeling Uncharacteristically Quiet Today. . .”

1. Julie DeNeen says:

Thanks for linking up! This was great! I love the words that sound like fuck! 🙂

2. richardmax22 says:

Went to the post, lying to your kids about sex toys. it was great!

Thank you! Later today, when I have a chance, I’ll link to your “Wrong Guy Died” post and perhaps the one about the drunk “flasher” in my Friday Funny post. Both of them made me laugh out loud. I tweeted the “Wrong Guy Died” post earlier this week. Hope you have a great weekend!

3. OMG, the kleenex visual and the 1/2 block of cheese absolutely slayed me! well done! especially for an off day! 🙂

I’m glad you got a good chuckle out of it! Most un-enjoyable afternoon cheese eating experience ever! But I pressed on and was still able to spoil my dinner!

4. The kleenex visual was great!

oh dear, don’t drip on your keyboard! lol. hope your nose had dried up and you’re off teaching Mac more F words 🙂 Happy Friday.

Thanks! I’m not typically a “bleeder.” I guess maybe it’s all the hot dry air. COME ON SPRING!! I loved your weekend of firsts post! It’s funny how these things start to snowball and all of a sudden they are doing new stuff every time you turn around. In Mac’s case, I’d rather he not be doing 50% of those things but it’s still pretty amazing to watch.

• Meghan says:

i know what you mean… i think of you and mac every time avery hangs from the oven door handle and i laugh… thinking your probably watching the same scene at your house 🙂

6. […] already mentioned that he has built up an impressive repertoire of words that sound like “Fuck.”  And months ago, I confessed that we allowed him to watch The Big Year often during meal time […]