To make matters worse, when I start reading a parenting book, I fall asleep.
Where do I pick up my parent of the year award?
But I trust my readers. . .So I have a couple of things I’d like to toss out there. . .I’m sure you’ll give me the best ideas/advice ever.
Sure, I could ask the pediatrician on a couple of these items, and I probably will, but I’d still love your thoughts.
Mac is just a few days shy of 16 months. . .
1. BOTTLES: Sometimes I offer him a sippy cup, other times a bottle. He doesn’t seem to have a preference but he does seem to consume more milk from the bottle. (I never offer him a bottle in his crib and he doesn’t use the bottle to soothe himself. He just seems to be better able to drink from it). Am I ok to keep offering him a bottle or should I be stopping that ASAP?
2. BLANKETS: The past few nights have been a little chilly. Not cold enough Mac needs heavy-duty pj’s but cold enough that perhaps he’d like a lightweight blanket to snuggle with. Although, he’s not waking in the middle of the night and he doesn’t feel like a little popsicle in the morning so maybe I’m just projecting my own fondness for the down duvet? At any rate, I was curious when you introduced a blanket? If at all? And at what age? Do you use a sleep sack? A blanket tucked firmly into the mattress? Does it actually stay there?
3. TOYS: I have family already starting to inquire about appropriate holiday gifts. I go into a toy aisle and get nothing but a sensory-overload induced headache. Are there toys you would HIGHLY recommend? I know he’s becoming bored with some of his toys and we’re definitely going to have to keep it fresh if the winter is brutal and we can’t get outside much. Book recommendations are always welcome. The kid can’t get enough of the books.
4. TOTALLY RANDOM: My sister is having her first child (a boy) in a few short months. The shower is quickly approaching. What was the most special thing about your baby shower? A “toast”? A keepsake? A game? A particular item? Food? Photos? I didn’t have a traditional shower since I had several extremely generous friends who gave me so much wonderful baby gear.
5. MORE RANDOM, JUST FOR FUN – HALLOWEEN: Mac was too little to enjoy Halloween last year. We drug him outside in a very undignified chicken costume for about 10 minutes so he could collect about 6 pieces of candy. He’s still too young to collect much candy but he loves wandering around visiting the neighbors. . .Do I let him go hard and load up his candy bag and enjoy the spoils myself? What do you do? Muh-hahahahaha.