It’s nearly no-cook and can be prepared ahead of time. . .
I’m was winging this one so unfortunately, no exact measurements. . .
BUT you can’t screw it up. . .just season it to taste. . .
1. Prepare about 1 or 1.5 (dry measure) of couscous according to the package instructions. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Take a pint of grape tomatoes, rinse and cut in half length-wise.
3. Partially peel (in stripes) and cut 2 small-medium cucumbers into about 1/4 inch half moons.
4. Open a large can of tuna packed in water. Drain very very very well.
5. Combine the tomatoes, cukes, and tuna in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Season to taste with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. You could also add some fresh parsley if you have some handy. Place bowl in the fridge to allow the flavors to blend.
6. Clean and thoroughly dry about half a head of romaine lettuce and tear into bite sized pieces.
7. When you are ready to serve, arrange the lettuce on a plate, top with couscous, followed by the tuna and vegetable mixture. Serve with extra vinegar, salt, and pepper and maybe some really good bread.
See? That wasn’t so bad was it? And not bad for you either. . .
I should also mention this served Chris, Mac, and me with enough left over for about another 3 full (adult sized) servings.